Strength Training in a Weight Vest
Incorporating a Weight Vest into Your Strength Training Program
Strength training is an essential element of fitness. And not just for one sport. It can help just about any type of athlete that is training or practicing for just about any sport... male or female. Gone are the days when we believed resistance routines just added bulk. We now know that there are a TON of benefits to strength training. And a Resistance Wear weight vest can help you reap those benefits.
Most people think of strength training as simply increasing muscle bulk and size. This is just one aspect. Remember, a larger muscle is not necessarily stronger. Athletes can be very strong but lack substantial power due to an inability to contract their muscles quickly. Strength training is used to help that muscle contraction for maximum strength and explosive power.
For events such as distance running, cycling and swimming, strength endurance training is vital. A program that utilizes low weights, high repetitions and a Resistance Wear weight vest can help you get that endurance you're hoping for. Even if you're not quite to that "elite athlete" status, strength training is perfect for your general fitness goals. Don't let the word "strength" scare you. You can develop a program that will be appropriate for a wide variety of fitness levels. As you'll be utilizing a variety of different movements, it's a great time saver and it can be a nice change from some of the more monotonous exercises.
Additional benefits of strength training while using a Resistance Wear weight vest include:
- Progressive results. You'll be taking it to extreme every time out. Challenge yourself every time!
- Naturally increased endurance by applying strength to movement during your workouts.
- A safe, but effective training approach. The Resistance Wear vest allows you to continue to perform your functional body movement. No injuries during training!
- Muscle confusion. Keep doing your normal routine and super-charge it with the vest. The physics of any exercise change when you add weight.
- An instant core workout while working on other body parts. Put on the vest and your triceps and biceps workout instantly begins working your core.