Hiking in a Weight Vest
Incorporating a Weight Vest into Your Hiking Routine
Hiking can be much more than taking a stroll through the woods. When you're adding hiking for fitness to your routine, it can have numerous health benefits in addition to being an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon. Regular aerobic exercise such as hiking leads to improved cardiovascular health, improved muscular fitness and puts you at lower risk for a variety diseases and other maladies. Which ones you ask? How about a lower risk of stroke and coronary heart disease. Lower risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and type 2 diabetes. In addition, you'll be at lower risk of several forms of cancer. Incorporating a Resistance Wear weight vest into your hiking routine will allow you to really take advantage of everything hiking has to offer!
Want more reasons to add hiking to your fitness routine? Hiking exercises nearly every part of your body including your legs, knees, ankles, arms, hips and butt, abdominals, shoulders and neck. It exercises your body and your mind as walk the trail. It allows you to be aware of your surroundings and to truly enjoy your workout. How often do you need to hike to enjoy these benefits? Actually, not long at all. Getting active for just 150 minutes a week leads to most of these benefits. That's only 2½ hours a week!
Additional benefits of hiking using a Resistance Wear weight vest include:
- An instant core workout while working on other body parts. Put on the vest and your triceps and biceps workout instantly begins working your core.
- Naturally increased endurance by applying strength to movement during hikes.
- A safe, but effective training approach. The Resistance Wear vest allows you to continue to perform your functional body movement. No injuries during training!
- Muscle confusion. Keep doing your normal routine and super-charge it with the vest. The physics of any exercise change when you add weight.
- Progressive results. Challenge yourself every time!